I’m going to miss the next five games, which means two things. I’ve got a lot of PVR to catch up on when I get back, and… prediction time!
- Fri, Mar 15 vs. Predators – Calgary wins 3-1. Flames have just a shred of confidence at home. They manage a win and rumblings start… it’s not over. Calgary wins 6-3
- Mon, Mar 18 @ Stars – Flames lose to the Stars 4-2. So much for hope. Stars win 4-3
- Thu, Mar 21 @ Predators – Calgary loses their second in a row. This one is worse, let’s say 4-1. Nashville wins 5-3
- Fri, Mar 22 @ Blue Jackets – The Flames stop the bleeding a little bit with a win against a streaking Columbus team. 4-3 in the shootout. Yeah that’s right, the Flames win a shootout game! Columbus wins 5-1
- Sun, Mar 24 vs. Blues – Calgary loses to St. Louis in style, 5-0. Bad performance all around. Kipper is pulled after letting in 3 in the first period. Joey Mac comes in and lets in 2 in the second. Calgary wins 3-2
So there you have it, over the next 5 games the Flames will go 2-3 and still be in last place when I get back.
So I went 3-2, which is slightly better than the Flames record of 2-3 over the same time frame.