Flames entered the third period ahead 4-2 and Carolina scored 4 times in the third to… lose? Calgary gave up two goals in the final minute, after scoring an empty net goal? Kiprusoff allowed 6 goals on 34 shots, and wins? What a whacky game that was.
A lot has happened since Sunday’s horrible showing against Vancouver:
- The new conferences have been announced. Calgary will be in the Northwest with Edmonton, Vancouver, Colorado, Anaheim, Los Angeles, San Jose, and – for the moment – Phoenix. It’s expected that the Coyotes will move to somewhere in the East, possibly before next season.
- The Flames sign forward Michael Ferland to an NHL entry-level contract. Ferland was Calgary’s fifth round draft pick, 133rd overall, in the 2010 Entry Draft.
- Morrison returns from being a healthy scratch for five games to score 4 points agains the Canes.
- Curtis Glencross has the flu and missed the game.
- The line juggling continues, and Joe Piskula has become more of a regular since it was reported that Cory Sarch (again a healthy scratch) is looking to be traded.