A few observations from last night’s game:
- When Robb Kerr says “in terms of structure, both teams are bringin’ it!” what he means is “the skill level of these two teams will ensure that there is a lot of time spent in the neutral zone missing passes and circling back!” Was that the most boring first period you’ve ever seen? Holy moly.
- The Flames are now winless when scoring first 0-3 and unbeaten when being scored on first 2-0. Weird.
- Jay Bouwmeester has only one level of excited — not.
- I thought that Jokinen, Hagman, Jackman, Iginla and Kiprusoff all came to play; Tanguay, Moss, Butler did not.
- This game was very nearly a disaster. Although the Flames had pressure for most of the second and third periods you really got the feeling like it just wasn’t going to work for them on this night. Good thing it was against Edmonton, and not an NHL franchise.