Who doesn’t love 2011-12 NHL prediction time? I love predictions, even if they are always wrong! So here we go…
- Yahoo has the Flames as second in the Northwest Division, although that doesn’t necessarily mean a playoff spot.
- Some random guy with a blog has the Flames as eighth in the Western Conference. And random bloggers always know best.
- The Bleacher Report has the Flames as a very sad-looking 13th in the West.
- Islander Hockey blog has a similar stance as I do, that Calgary will once again be oh-so-close.
- Puck me please also has Calgary in ninth.
As for me? I’m going to predict that the Flames will compete with the Blues, Blue Jackets, Stars and Wild for the last two playoff spots. Five teams, two spots. Yikes.
Here is my Western Conference final prediction (I don’t really care for the East), sorry once again Calgary fans:
- Vancouver Canucks
- San Jose Sharks
- Detroit Red Wings
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Los Angeles Kings
- Anaheim Ducks
- Nashville Predators
- St. Louis Blues
- Calgary Flames
- Dallas Stars
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Minnesota Wild
- Colorado Avalanche
- Edmonton Oilers
- Phoenix Coyotes