RSS

Peter Loubardias let go, Rob Kerr takes over play-by-play

21 Jul

Peter Loubardias let go? Cripes! After spending a couple years getting used to that terrible timbre of his, I have realizied that Peter was one of the best play-by-play guys I’ve heard. This is too bad, because we were lucky to have him. That said, I think Robb Kerr knows more about hockey than than even me (yeah, shocking!) and he’ll make a great play-by-play guy. Except when there’s a fight. Not cool Rob, that’s not cool.

Rob Kerr will move up to the Rogers Sportsnet broadcast booth for the 2011-12 regular season after serving eight years as the host of the Flames on Sportsnet Radio The Fan 960. Kerr will take over for Peter Loubardias, who was let go last week by Sportsnet. <full story>

What is 5 + 9 ?
Please leave these two fields as-is:

1. greg

October 18, 2011 at 8:26 pm

They really need to bring back peter loubardias this robb kerr guy is horrible to listen to!!!!

2. Joyce

October 19, 2011 at 8:08 am

I agree with Greg’s comment. Peter Loubardias made a “more often than not” boring Flames game entertaining with his humour. I’ve tried watching a couple of games with the new guy commentating and I have to say his voice is irritating. Peter would inject some off the wall comments that made the game and listening to the commentating more fun.

3. Sean

October 20, 2011 at 8:45 pm

I miss Peter Loubardias, I hated him at first too but he was more entertaining than Rob Kerr

4. David

October 26, 2011 at 8:36 pm

I am so disappointed. Yah, yah..get used to it… but I so enjoyed Loubardias and his style. Rob Kerr is a great radio guy, and so far, listening to Colarado and the Flames tonight – the Calgary team is as frustrating to “listen to” as to watch

…Peter – we miss you. man!

5. Michelle D

October 30, 2011 at 10:46 am

I have tried to give Rob Kerr a chance, but man does he ever suck!! BORING! I miss Peter Lobardious. He had such passion for hockey and was so enthusiastic he made even the boring games enjoyable. This Rob guy puts me to sleep, and he’s not at all pleasing to look at….he definitely has a face for radio as they say! C’mon Sportsnet, ADMIT that you made a MISTAKE and BRING BACK Peter.

6. chris

April 7, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Rob Kerr gets excited at the wrong times and is awful. That being said Peter Loubardias was ‘some kind of’ awful

This site is protected by Comment SPAM Wiper.