- Ryan Smyth has gone back to the Oilers. Thanks be to god for that.
- Feaster on Regher: ‘I did ask him to waive his no-move clause to go to Buffalo. He chose not to be traded, that he’d like to pursue his options. The reason options weren’t presented to him is because we had a deal with Buffalo that made sense. We didn’t have a deal anywhere else.’
Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/Regehr+plays+waiting+game+after+declining+move+Buffalo/5003418/story.html#ixzz1QFPRfwTC
Here is the news I’ve heard:
- The Ryan Smyth to Calgary move cannot happen unless the Flames move someone first to free up some cap room.
- Speaking of that, Robyn Regher has been asked to waive his no trade clause to go to Buffalo, but no word if he’s agreed to that yet. In return? Flames would get Luke Adam and the Sabres’ 15th overall pick.
- Can you say a three-way deal with Buffalo and L.A. with Ryan Smyth and Robyn Regher?
- Alex Tanguay’s agent and the Flames meet again today.
- The 2011/12 NHL schedule is out. Highlights you ask? Calgary opens the season against Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins on Oct 8, and on Friday, March 9 the Winnipeg Jets visit the Dome. That’s right, it’s officially the Jets.
Here is a nice tribute to Harley Hotchkiss from the Flames.
I know you’re dying to know what I think. So here goes.
- Smyth to Calgary? Are you freakin’ kidding me? Why do we need to be the pasture that former stars are put out to? What a waste of money that would be.
- Regher to Buffalo? Yup, it is time for him to go. I would let him go for a first round pick.
- Tanguay? I’d rather he stayed, but it depends on the price.
- The Winnipeg Jets? How could it have been any other name? Although a Jet by any other name will still be golfing in April.