With the purchase of the Calgary Roughnecks, I’ve decided to list off some stuff that the Calgary Flames own. This list is by no means either comprehensive or correct.
- The Calgary Flames (NHL) hockey club, but no 2011 Playoff Record.
- The Calgary Hitmen (WHL) hockey club, but never Bret the Hitman Hart.
- The Calgary Roughnecks (NLL) lacrosse team and Drill Crew?
- The Scotiabank Saddledome, and nearly enough urinals to accommodate an NHL crowd.
- Flames Central, but neither a crowd nor Flames playoff hockey for the overpriced downtown pub.
- Jim Playfair’s head-coaching record, but not Jimmy Playfair the man.
- Harvey the Hound, and a second version of his tongue.
- Flames Foundation for Life, and I can’t make fun of charity.