The Flames won their home opener… hallelujah. But they lost another guy – Pardy – to a shoulder injury.
Here is who was good:
- Jokinen (seriously!)
- Kiprusoff (as always)
- Meyers (Jamal?)
- Jackman (great fourth line game)
- Conroy (not just because he scored)
Here is who was not:
And here is who’s injured:
- Rene Bourque (potential head injury, day to day);
- Matt Stajan (separated shoulder, week to week);
- David Moss (shoulder, indefinite);
- Raitis Ivanans (potential head injury, day to day);
- Ales Kotalik (knee, indefinite);
- Ryan Stone (knee, indefinite);
- Daymond Langkow (neck, indefinite); and
- Adam Pardy (shoulder, indefinite).
But the Flames won, so that is all that matters. And I enjoyed it more because of the Peter Loubardias drinking game. I’ll share the rules as soon as I can find them, but the gist of is it this… drink when Peter references ‘time and space.’ Stephen Hawking would be proud.